StartUp to ScaleUp Game Plan #8 – Jon Prideaux, CEO @ Boku on scaling a UK enterprise software venture globally & leading a £125m IPO
- Posted by alpina_admin
- On 13th December 2017
- 0 Comments
- CEO, enterprise software, entrepreneurs, international expansion, IPO, mobile technology, Scale-ups
Jon Prideaux is the CEO at BOKU who, on 20 November 2017, went public on AIM at an initial £125m valuation and quickly popped to £160m.
Boku’s platform brings merchants and mobile operators together to transform 5 billion mobile phone subscribers into the world’s largest pool of customers. That’s more users than Visa and Mastercard combined!
Jon provides the following insights:
- How to smoothly transition out of – or indeed into – the role of CEO
- How to plan and execute an IPO
- Why he believes company leaders need to view their IPO as an “entrance” not an “exit”!
- How Boku developed a consistent culture across the globe even when they acquired local businesses
- How Jon is motivating Boku’s senior team to drive the business forward rather than resting on their laurels after the IPO